Monday 24 January 2022

Welcome to Kakano 1 2022

 Kia ora everyone and welcome to Kakano 1 for 2022. My name is Lorna Dobson. I am really excited about 2022 and I'm really looking forward to getting to know your child and your family.

Each week there will be a blog post telling you what is happening in our class. I will also put another post up to share something we have been doing.

Our first day of school is Tuesday 8th February. I hope you have all been enjoying the fabulous weather and had the opportunity to spend some quality time with your family.

A little bit about me..

I have been living in NZ for the past 13 years. We are so glad we made the move to Rotorua as it has so much to offer. Such as: swimming in the lakes, fishing and walking in the Redwoods. 

I am married to Mr. Dobby who is a Rural Postie. I have 2 children Sequoia who is 18 and is off to Otago University in a few weeks. My other child is Jasper who is 14 and he attends Boys High School.

Lucky for me I have the best job in the world teaching and learning alongside wonderful students. I have been teaching for 25 years and still love it. St Mary's is an amazing school to teach at. Watching the children grow and follow in the footsteps of Jesus is such a blessing.

I am so looking forward to meeting you all next week at our Interviews. This will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions and find out more about your child 's learning in Year 2.

Please feel free to contact me by email: lornad@stmarysrotorua.school.nz

Enjoy the rest of your break.

Lorna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Term 4 Week 9

  Week 9 We are now in our final few days of school for 2022. Thank you so much to you, our wonderful Kākano whānau for a great year. The te...